Classic RatatouillePreparation Time: 20 minits Posted By Bakyaraj Posted Date 02/14/2014 03:09PM
1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch dice
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch dice
9 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
3 cloves minced garlic
8 large ripe tomatoes, cored, cut in half, seeds squeezed out, and diced
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
1 bay leaf
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1. In a hot sauté pan, sauté the eggplant in 3 Tablespoons of olive oil until softened and lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
2. In the same hot sauté pan, sauté the peppers in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil until softened and lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
3. In the same hot sauté pan, sauté the zucchini in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil until softened and lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
4. In a Dutch oven over moderate heat, sauté onions in 2 Tablespoons olive oil until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
5. Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes.
6. Add the sautéed eggplant, peppers, and zucchini. Continue to cook over low heat for another 30 minutes. When done, all the vegetables should be very soft.
7. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
Mushroom, Corn, and Poblano TacosPreparation Time: 30 minits Posted By Kannan Posted Date 04/30/2014 12:44PM
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms $
1 cup prechopped onion $
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 poblano chile, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained $
1/4 cup salsa verde
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled queso fresco
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro $
1/4 cup light sour cream
8 lime wedges
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to mushrooms. Stir in onion and next 5 ingredients (through poblano); cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn and beans to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; stir in salsa and next 3 ingredients.
2. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide vegetable mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream. Serve with lime wedges.
lllPreparation Time: 9 minits Posted By rinold Posted Date 12/16/2014 12:46PM